Project title: Developing and Disseminating A Self-Representation Guide for Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs)
Project duration: July 2022 – May 2023
Donor: World Bank
Project value: 69.950 EUR
About the project: YUCOM will be responsible for developing and disseminating a Guide for MSMEs who are self-represented (the Guide). The objective of the Guide is to familiarize MSMEs with judicial processes and provide answers to questions that MSMEs might have before going to court, thus enabling them to understand the judicial processes more realistically and comprehensively before deciding whether to litigate. The target audience of the Guide are MSMEs. The Guide will include: i) basic information on courts in Serbia; ii) information on the costs of court procedures; iii) key information and guidelines for plaintiffs; iv) key information and guidelines for defendants; and v) relevant templates, such as templates for complaints and responses to a complaint.
Specifically, YUCOM will conduct the following activities:
- Conducting consultations with relevant business sector stakeholders, including NGOs, courts, lawyers, businesses, chambers of commerce, bar associations etc., on the approach, structure, key messages, contents and style of the Guide;
- Preparing an outline of the Guide based on results of previous consultations with stakeholders;
- Conducting at least eight focus group discussions across the country to test the outline of the Guide – four preparatory focus groups and four validation focus groups (with businesses sector representatives, in each of the appellate jurisdictions);
- Preparing the final Guide in English and in Serbian and printing it in color (1,000 copies);
- Prepare two process maps on the most common procedures;
- Developing a Promotion Plan for the Guide, outlining promotional materials to be developed and dissemination strategy.
- Developing promotional materials in line with the Promotion Plan (i.e. develop posters, leaflets, infographics, and short video promoted on YouTube etc.);
- Launching and disseminating the Guide, at promotional events in hard copy, and online via links on various websites, a YouTube video, press etc.